Experience the American Civil Rights Movement like never before with the new Standing for Freedom curriculum package!
“Nothing I have ever used before has brought about more deep conversation and overall interest from my students. The honesty and depth of the information is valuable when teaching high school students about more than just the March on Washington and ‘I Have A Dream’ Speech.” – Robert Lister, UT
“The publication MAKES the Civil Rights Movement real and meaningful for my elementary school kids and “The Uncomfortable Truth” CONNECTS it all together in a powerful way for my middle school students and lays the foundation for a open conversation about civil rights today.” – Steve Hammerman, FL
“Standing for Freedom” Curriculum Package INCLUDES: Student Edition Magazine, Teacher Guide, Slideshare Presentations, Videos, & More! Available in both Google Classroom and Canvas Course!!!
Student Edition Magazine
- 30+ pages featuring Joan Trumpauer Mulholland, Luvaughn Brown, Joanne Bland, and other significant Civil Rights Movement icons.
- Exclusive primary source photos, images, stories, and videos
- Available in hardcopy and digital formats, including multi-year licensing options.
Teacher Guide – Middle School Version
- 45+ pages of detailed lesson plans, beautifully designed activities, Hattie’s Effect Size, enrichment and increased rigor suggestions, pacing guide, and formative and summative assessments.
- Designed and written by an award-winning educator-author team
- Available in PDF, Google Classroom, and Canvas formats, including multi-year licensing options.
- 18 Slideshare Presentations; one for every lesson!
- Narrated by Loki Mulholland, the son of Civil Rights icon, Joan Trumpauer Mulholland
- Designed and developed by an award-winning educator-author team